How did you end up where you are now? Was it by default or by design?
You don’t need to follow the path of least resistance to fall into whatever comes your way. While that may seem easy and convenient, it may not get you where you want to go. Once we land somewhere, we can become stuck and find it difficult to overcome inertia.
3 ways to be more strategic about your career planning:
1. Make time. Schedule time to think about what you want. 2. Write down your vision. Make it tangible by claiming what you desire. 3. Develop your action plan. Identify 3 actions you can take now to move forward.
Don’t get stuck doing what you’ve done if you’re ready for a change. You can make more thoughtful choices to move forward in new ways. Feel free to reach out for a Discovery Call to explore how to create a strategic career roadmap and game plan. ...
Wanted to share my daily #cacao ritual. This has become part of my personal practice and incorporates gratitude, meditation, and reflection. I use this time to center and ground myself, then set an intention for my day. I change up which herbs I use (typically some combination of cinnamon and cardamom with the tulsi rose tea), whether to sing, dance or play music I love. I`ve been adding mulungu from @animamundiherbals lately.
I typically do some reiki on the tea while it`s brewing and then honor the directions, my ancestors and mama cacao. I do some energetic intentions for my house (incorporating feng shui to elevate my space). I also express gratitude for my blessings - the weather was beautiful today, so I went outside. And I send love to those I care about and the world to invite in more peace, harmony and connection.
Of course, your process doesn`t need all of these elements. Make this practice your own and have fun with it. You could even use tea, coffee or water if you just wanted to connect with yourself.
If you would like to try #ceremonialcacao , I recommend @cacaolaboratory where I learned my practice and am a brand ambassador. You can use my discount code: LenoreK10 for 10% off your order.
What is the cost of winning? Do we pursue our objectives and need to be right or do we consider our impact on others and work towards a greater good?
While I love the simplicity and seeming clarity of black or white, choosing between right or wrong, left or right, we can see where this either/or thinking has led us to the polarity we find in many aspects of our society and experience today.
Though we can’t expect to be right always and get along with others who may have different experiences, we can start to heal the collective. This starts with us as individuals. By this, I mean that we each take responsibility to look within, find those places that hurt and give them space to be seen, heard and felt.
While you may not see a place for healing in business, think about the toxicity and trauma created by layoffs, bad bosses, and nasty office politics. The professional is personal. We need to find other ways to support growth that don`t cause harm. To create places where different perspectives can be shared without demonizing others.
Want to feel more grounded, find more fulfillment and work that inspires you? Book a Soul Session today. I’d love to help you energize what you want to create in your life, work, and the world. Link in Bio.
Are you acting by Default or by Design? How can you be more strategic in approaching your career growth? I share 3 steps you can take to be more thoughtful and proactive to move towards what you want.
1) MAKE TIME 2) WRITE IT DOWN 3) DEVELOP YOUR ACTION PLAN
Being intentional about your future is a great way to start moving towards more of what you want!
Sign up for my newsletter in my bio for more insights and details. Book a Discovery Call before Friday to take advantage of Freedom February customized coaching packages. #consciousleadership #growthcoach #careerchange #intentionalcareer #warriorwisdom ...
In a challenging world filled with suffering, how can we find more beauty?
Are there any things trying to catch your attention or pique your interest lately? I encourage you to notice what they might be trying to tell you. I have no doubt there is some wisdom waiting to be discovered.
Questions for you to consider:
1) Where do you find beauty? 2) What inspires you to create? 3) What themes or symbols have you noticed lately? What new possibilities might they be inviting you to discover? 4) How might you bring more beauty into your world to make it richer and more fulfilling? 5) What unexpected sources might challenge you to pursue something new and different?
Opening ourselves to new ways of looking at the world is one of the best ways to create positive change, by challenging our assumptions and getting us out of our comfort zone. Where can you stretch to see what might be calling you next?
While this may seem obvious, our bodies speak to us constantly. Unfortunately, we don’t always choose to listen. We ignore that feeling of exhaustion that tells us to rest, instead pushing through to get sh*t done and then end up with COVID. Or we choose not to notice the pain in our back until we get spasms and can’t get out of bed. Or we view too much social media until we get dizzy or our eyes hurt.
When we don’t address the issues that have hurt us emotionally, psychologically, or energetically, they start to become embedded as unhealthy patterns in our bodies and sometimes our psyches_,_ like deeply rooted grooves in the record of our bodies that we find hard to break out of.
Bringing ourselves into balance can help us find more harmony and wholeness internally. To create more alignment within so that when we have a big experience, we can process it and move it through and out of our bodies so it doesn’t get stuck inside wreaking more havoc.
In my transformational coaching work, I help leaders with business strategy, intuitive insight and embodiment. I also work with energy by addressing where our internal energies may be blocked. Want to be a clear channel for your brilliance to come through? Book a Soul Session to see how energy medicine can support you. Schedule a discovery call to learn more. Link in bio.
The ABCs of change. Here are some key themes that can support your career success from A to C. It starts with awareness, attitude, asking and action, then belief and building through to choosing, committing and communicating. These result in confidence which will come through as authenticity. Sign up for my latest enewsletter in my bio for more insights. https://mailchi.mp/growthwarrior.co/timetochange-16097631 #growthcoach #consciousleadership #careerchange ...
More insights from my recent Columbia Career Coaching Network office hours.
HOW TO RETURN TO THE WORKFORCE? So how can you find your footing if you’re been out of work by choice (for instance, to raise a child) or by default (layoff, injury, family situation...). This can be a challenging transition, but it doesn`t need to be. Here are some ways to prepare.
1. GO WITHIN: know your needs, desires and requirements. How much money do you need to earn? Do you want to be remote or can you go into an office? How strong are your skills? Honestly assess where you`re at.
2. CLARIFY YOUR MESSAGE: tell your story clearly. How can you share why you were out? Develop a legit explanation of your time off then tie that to your previous background. No lying or faking, or baring your soul. Just figure out what to share.
3. LEARN THE TOOLS: leverage ChatGPT or get certified in areas that are seeking more talent that could be a match for your interests. Staying current can help make your skills more relevant.
4. BUILD YOUR NETWORK: start to reconnect with former colleagues to let people know you`re back in game. Hopefully you weren`t completely MIA, but if you were radio silent, it`s time to get back out there.
5. DO YOUR RESEARCH: gather information about what might be available. Do you need to work close to home? Which businesses are in your area related to your background?
6. START SMALL: don`t let the process overwhelm you. Begin taking doable actions. Look for project, freelance or consulting work. Get creative. You have to begin putting your toe in the water.
7. BUILD YOUR CONFIDENCE: start to get your head in the game and believe in yourself. Learn to differentiate yourself and your value. Arguably mindset is the most important area to work on - be positive, enthusiastic and open to new opportunities.
8. GET SUPPORT: ask friends and family for referrals. Look into websites for freelancers. Consider coaching to get you focused on the right activities.
9. BE PATIENT: making a big transition can take time. The more focused you are, the faster it will happen.
Reach out for a complimentary strategy session. Message me! ...