building a brand that is you
- What do you CARE about? Are there 3 to 5 qualities that are important to you in how you work and who you are with. These can be very high level, like freedom or growth or social impact, or more practical, like collaboration, creativity and respect. You may have some professional values and some that are more personal. Consider finding the similarities across these to the extent that you hope to align who you are in all areas of your life. Think carefully about your values because these can become a powerful guide to future choices you make about everything from the types of role and companies that you will work with or for and the kinds of relationships you want to cultivate.
- What are you GOOD at? What skills do you have that distinguish you from others. Often our natural talents may be those aspects of ourselves that we take for granted. Think carefully about what others observe that you do well if you are finding this hard to evaluate yourself.
- What do you ENJOY doing? This is what you love and how you actually spend your time when it’s your choice. The goal is to be honest with yourself about your passions so that you can ideally find work that makes you happy.
- How can you HELP others? How do you want to be of service so that people can work with you and remember about you? Their experience is essentially your value proposition.
- What do you want to BE KNOWN FOR? What do you stand for? Which 3 words describe what you care about and how you want to show up in the world? This is your brand – the essence of what people think of when they are asked about you.
Consciously considering and crafting your brand can be a powerful way to align your beliefs and desires with your reality. The more clarity you have and convey around who you are and what you stand for, the more authentic you will be.
If you would like some support around thinking through how best to position yourself to align your vision with your values, please contact us to arrange a complimentary Strategy Session to discuss your goals.
contact us for a complimentary strategy session
Female Founder Advice I regularly work with female entrepreneurs and founders to help them launch and grow their businesses. Women can often face unique challenges as they look to scale their companies, particularly when it comes to seeking funding from venture...
Scaling a fintech startupI recently heard Niko Karvounis, co-founder & Chief Product Officer of Quovo, share his perspective on scaling a high growth fintech business during an interview with Nikhil Lele, Principal of EY's Financial Services Office at the NY...
The Real Leadership Conversation You're Not Having But ShouldHave you ever talked with others about your leadership? Specifically, what should leadership look like for you and your organization? If not, I recommend exploring this question to get some valuable...